Monday, June 29, 2009

Two Days, Tomorrow the Movers

In the last two days, I have had a hundred people I love give me a hug, tell me they love me and shower me with so many blessings it makes me blush.

So, why is it that the only thing I can think of is that the movers arrive in a few hours. The move dominates everything now. Today was like a wedding. So many details and special things that one must trust their memory and keep moving. Moving. The ritual must be powerful enough to last after the craziness passes. Will it pass? Tomorrow a huge truck will park in front of the house and a couple of guys (probably guys) we don't know will walk into our house, take everything we have, and drive off to someplace we don't know. They said 18,000 pounds which I have lifted at least twice over the last three weeks (how is that for pumping iron, 36,000 pounds), and they will do in about five hours.

I have liked how there has been a constant stream of friends in for Livy and Jen. They haven't done this before and I can't imagine how scary it must be. It will hurt them to lose these friends, and the more they are here, the more it will hurt. But I am glad for the friendship they are experiencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment